Sophie Laura's Keto Chicken Á La King & Zoodles
- 26 oz (750 g) chicken thigh fillets
- 1 tsp ghee or other animal fat: tallow, lard etc
- 1 oz (30 g) Butter grass fed, unsalted
- 4 oz (115 g) scallions chopped
- 3 oz (85 g) red bell pepper chopped
- 3 oz (85 g) button mushrooms quartered
- 1 tsp paprika smoked
- 1 tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- 1 tsp salt and pepper season to taste
- 1 cup (230 ml) bone broth
- 3 oz (85 g) cream cheese full fat; softened
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 7 oz (200 g) zucchini spiralized
- 1/2 tbsp ghee
Sauté the chicken thighs in the ghee or other animal fat for 10 minutes on all sides. Lower the heat and cook for 15 mins until no longer pink.
Make the sauce... whilst the chicken is cooking by heating the butter in a large saucepan and adding the scallions, peppers, mushrooms, salt and pepper and cook for 8-10 minutes until softened.
In a medium saucepan warm the bone broth through then add the cream cheese and whisk to ensure it’s all blended.
Stir this sauce into the large saucepan with the scallions, peppers and mushrooms.
Whisk together the egg yolks, paprika and lemon juice in a small bowl then pour slowly into the sauce stirring constantly.
Over a very low heat cook for a few minutes until the sauce is slightly thicker.
For the zoodles... melt the ghee in a medium pan with the spiralized zucchini and sauté for a few minutes until softened.
Chop the chicken thigh fillets into chunky bite-size pieces and add to the sauce with the chilli flakes.
Cook over a low-heat once more until it’s all cooked through.
Serve up Chicken Á La King with sautéed zoodles
per serving: total carbs 9g | protein 37g | fat 49g | kcals 624