Bacon & Egg Shakshuka
- 2 tbsp refined coconut oil
- 6 slices bacon chopped
- 340 g (12 oz) zucchini sliced
- 100 g (3½ oz) onions chopped
- 1/2 small red pepper chopped
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp pink himalayan salt
- 200 ml (1 cup) bone broth or water
- 200 ml (1 cup) chopped plum tomatoes
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp fresh basil chopped
- 4 tbsp olive oil
Cook the bacon in a little oil (if needed) in a large wok style frying pan for 3-4 mins over medium heat.
Remove the bacon from the pan but leave the juice.
Add the rest of the oil to the pan with the zucchini, onion, garlic and red pepper.
Add all of the spices then stir in the bone broth (or water).
Cover and sauté for 6-8 mins until the zucchini is nearly cooked through.
Stir in the chopped tomatoes and bacon.
Create four wells for the eggs and gently crack the eggs into the wells.
Cover the pan and cook over a medium heat for 6-8 mins until the eggs are cooked to your liking.
Remove from the heat, sprinkle over the chopped fresh basil and serve immediately.
per serving: total carbs 6g | protein 17g | fats 35g